Snow

How many of you like snow?? It's ok if the answer is no. However snow is quite beautiful and I believe there are lessons it can teach us.

First, snow is so pure and white. I think of this symbolically of the purity of heart we get when we accept Jesus. He washes us white as snow.  In Psalm 51:7 it says: "Purge me with hyssop, and I shall be clean; wash me, and I shall be whiter than snow." The psalmist knew he couldn't be clean on the inside without the washing of the Holy Spirit. 

This brings us nicely to the second point; Snow gets dirty and because it's white, the dirt shows up all the more. To me, this is again like us. As I  interact with the world, I'm getting dirty. I can't avoid the dirt, but it is my responsibility to wash my spirit; by reading the Word and through prayer, just like I wash my body, so I am like clean snow, inside and out.   

As much as snow is really hard to deal with sometimes, let's let the beauty of this part of God's creation teach us what it can.  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Good bye, my friend

A blurry photo

Why "Choreographer's Cuisine?"